Sunday, March 29, 2020

Who Knew Ole Willie Was a Zen Master?


Lots of fear in the air right now, lots of anxious people out there. Though I picked up the dratted C-19 at either the doctor's office or pharmacy during brief visits on the 10th of the month, I have survived. A little worse for wear to be sure, as I'm still having breathing difficulties which make it hard to lie down and sleep. I'm sure it will pass, as does everything eventually. 

Unable to do much of anything but sit and concentrate on my breathing, which after a while makes breathing more difficult, I turned to YouTube for some musical entertainment. 


Whatever you listen to, YouTube is eager to expand your musical horizons, which is why you find Willie Nelson popping up in the middle of your Bach Cantatas. 

Now I have nothing against Willie. I emphatically do not like C&W music, but having roots in Texas which stretch back to the 1700s I rather like Ole Willie. He could be one of my folks, minus the braids and the weed, which my puritanical ancestry precludes. You do know the definition of Puritanism?  Puritanism is that haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be enjoying themselves. But I digress. 

I was saying that I realized listening to Willie and his boy Lukas sing this song that Willie is a Zen Master. See if you don't agree. It's good to have a Master to turn to right now. Is there a Master in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Willie is a Zen Master, I saw him interviewed recently and his philosophies are very Zen. I'm not a Fan of C&W Music either, but I so do Respect a Chill individual. I'm so sorry to hear you picked up the Virus, I'm trying hard not to, since we're a Medically Fragile Family of 3 that I'm Caregiver to and it would likely not have a good outcome. I am sure I come from the antithesis of Puritanical Stock! *LOL* So glad to have discovered your Blog tonight while in Pandemic Lock Down trying to take the Mind off of all things COVID... which can consume thoughts... and totally Wreck any State of Zen attained! *Le Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I thought I'd just picked up a cold to begin with, but as it progressed it was the dreaded "plague". LOL Thank you for your comments. I'm supposed to receive notification of comments, and always did on my old blog, which I got locked out of (le sigh) but got no notice for your comments. Must see if there's something I need to fix. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated before posting. Ads and spam will not be posted, don't waste your time.

What Are We Made For?

  “We are made for goodness. We are made for love. We are made for friendliness. We are made for togetherness. We are made for all of the be...